The Selangor Menteri Besar says a meeting with TNB and Air Selangor will take place later today to discuss ways for work to be expedited
SHAH ALAM: Selangor Menteri Besar Azmin Ali today said that the water cuts in the Klang Valley will likely not last six days, adding that a meeting will be held with stakeholders to discuss the issue.
He said the meeting with TNB and Air Selangor will take place later Monday to discuss ways for work to be expedited.
”The state’s directive is that we want the disruption period to be shortened so that those celebrating Christmas will not be affected.
”That is why a meeting has been called. Air Selangor will also be giving a full briefing on the latest situation,” he told the media today after officiating a programme to encourage state government staff to use public transport to work once a week.
Azmin also expected that the disruption is not likely to last up to six days until Christmas eve.
”From the initial report I received, the disruption is not likely to last up to six days because the treatment plants are not entirely closed.
”We still have generators running to continue treating the raw water,” he said, adding that he would refer to TNB on the maximum number of days for the disruption and see that water supply is restored as soon as the maintenance work is completed, The Star reported.
Some 3.89 million residents in the Klang Valley are expected to go without normal water supply from today due to ongoing maintenance work by Tenaga Nasional Berhad (TNB) at its Bukit Badong substation in Kuala Selangor.
A total of 707,759 accounts in 814 areas in Petaling, Klang, Shah Alam, Gombak, Kuala Langat, Hulu Selangor, Kuala Selangor and Kuala Lumpur are affected by the water supply disruption.
National Water Services Commission (SPAN) had earlier stated that TNB maintenance work and shutdown would be carried out for 16 hours from 8am.
This would inevitably affect operations at the Sungai Selangor main water treatment plants which supply water to 60% of consumers in Klang Valley.